Reconstruction and Renovation of a Residential and Business Building at Anger 21/Hirschlachufer 89 in Erfurt
A combined residential and business building has been built in the inner-city area of Erfurt between Anger Street and the Anger Fountain after a combination of demolition, reconstruction, renovation and new construction. This building ensemble, which extends from Anger Street across Mühlgasse alley to Hirschlachüfer Street, involves a free-standing memorial that demands a great deal of monument maintenance in detail. Special value was placed on retaining the street-level facades, ceiling construction on the Hirschlachüfer side and the historic stair house at Anger 21. The requirements on the building’s new use as a business building has been implemented through comprehensive static and construction-logistically complicated measures with regards to propping up the facades and the historic ceiling construction work. A modern glass façade on the Mühlgasse side connects the monument building on Anger Street and the Hirschlachüfer Street, where an existing historic wall construction consisting of pillars and arches could be integrated.
Store units with elevator and escalators are located on the ground and first floors. Office units with flexible separations have been created in the floors above, in order to be able to react to continuously changing requests for office size and shapes. A newly created internal courtyard on the second floor provides the office users with an option for relaxing.
- Building Contractor: APO Immobilien-Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH
- Construction Costs: Approx. 5.15 million euros
- Service Phases: 1-9 in accordance with § 33 of the Honorarordnung für Architekten und Ingenieure [codification of fees for architects and engineers] (aka HOAI)
- Start of Planning: August 2008
- Completion: October 2009
- Usable Space: ca. 3,350 m²
- Total Floor Area: ca. 6,500 m²
- Total Space: ca. 24,000 m³
- Address: Anger 21/Hirschlachufer 89, Erfurt Germany